[MPlayer-users] 0.90rc3-2 srpm build error - how to fix?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Jan 24 22:24:34 CET 2003

On Friday, 24 January 2003, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Patrick wrote:
>
> P>On a fully updated Red Hat 8 box I did rpmbuild -bb mplayer.spec from
> P>mplayer-0.90rc3-2.src.rpm which I got from
> P>http://mirrors.sctpc.com/dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
>
> This problem source is mplayer-gui.patch file. Just comment it in .spec
> file and everything will be perfect... It's broken in mplayer rpms for
> rc2 and rc3, i don't really know why it works such way. Releases before
> rc2 worked with this patch. Redhat 8 doesn't need it, anyway, and it's
> broken now.

Hmm. That patch shouldn't break anything. In fact, it fixes several
warnings. It was posted to -dev-eng, but I guess it was overlooked. I'll
look into it.

> PS I've got libpng-1.2.2 on my system; there is libpng10-1.0 also, but
> why should I force its use?

Right. It shouldn't if it works with both versions.

That said, I'd like to remind you that I don't support RH8.x officially.
:>

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/