[MPlayer-users] Mencoder docs

Nathan Grebowiec me at nathangrebowiec.org
Sat Jan 25 00:31:19 CET 2003

I am new to using mencoder and was trying out the 3pass example in the
docs:

rm frameno.avi - remove this file, which can come from a previous 3-pass
encoding (it interferes with current one)
    mencoder -dvd 2 -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts
vbr=3
    mencoder -dvd 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1 -oac copy
-o movie.avi
    mencoder -dvd 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2 -oac copy
-o movie.avi

The first two commands where fine (so I have the audio).  When I try and
run the second command I get this error:

lavcopts in not an MEncoder option
Exiting... (error parsing cmdline)

Any idea's?

--