[MPlayer-users] S3 savage 4

Fabio Riccio ricciofab at katamail.com
Sat Jan 25 13:59:30 CET 2003

Dominik Mierzejewski ha scritto:
> On Saturday, 25 January 2003, Fabio Riccio wrote:
>
>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Hello! I'm a new user from Italy.
>>I download the rpm pakages (i386) everything seems ok, but I don't get a
>>good quality on the streaming of the image. Often the image is still,
>>often is slow... I tryed lots of different setting but more o less the
>>situation is the same.
>>But... the audio is perfect.
>>May I download the bad pakages?
>

> What URL gives you trouble? We can't help if we can't test it ourselves.
> You should also provide mplayer -v <http:// or whatever-it-was> output.

I download the I686 pakages but the situation is still the same     :(

Here what I got...
-
[fabio at localhost fabio]$ mplayer -v
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc3-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Xeon Foster (Family: 8, Stepping: 3)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection
Reading config file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Reading config file /home/fabio/.mplayer/config
Reading /home/fabio/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/home/fabio/.mplayer/codec
s.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 49 audio & 130 video codecs
Usage:   mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename
-----

I'm not so expert about linux, but I Beleive that using RPM pakages My
computer doesn't work properly... is that true?
Regards,

--
Fabio Riccio
San Giacomo degli Schiavoni (CB) - Italy -