[MPlayer-users] how to convert vobsub files?

Tomasz Kotecki elb at indyw.most.org.pl
Sat Jan 25 14:28:03 CET 2003

hello,

> i looked thru the internet/mplayer-docs/transcode but it's still easier
> to fire up subrip using vmware/win4lin/wine/whatever than to convert
> vobsub=>text-sub on linux :(((

gee. that sounded so serious that i eventually downloaded the subripper
and as i don't have windoze, i launched wine. well, the only thing this
program did was converting my vobsub files to lots of small bmp's or
sup's, but they still are not txt ones. the program tells me that my
vobsub files are encrypted (while it can encrypt all the bitmaps). looks
like it hasn't got it's own ocr and expects me to give it. do you know
how to manage this? is there any possibilty to display these bitmaps
(what's funny, they look quite ok) or to convert them to normal text?
the other thing is that if they look this good (similar to mplayer native
ones), so maybe they are just badly displayed. is there any option to rescale
vob subtitles while playing in mplayer?

--
best regards
Tomasz Kotecki