[MPlayer-users] dvd problem

Asbjørn Djupdal Asbjorn.Djupdal at idi.ntnu.no
Sat Jan 25 14:32:02 CET 2003

I have a problem with one specific DVD movie (fantasia from Disney); I
get video, but no sound. I get the following error:

Starting playback...
a52: error at resampling
a52: CRC check failed!  3.432 ct:  0.000    1/  1   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
a52: error at resampling

I get similar errors with Ogle:

Debug[ogle_a52]: a52_block() error
Debug[ogle_a52]: A/52 error while decoding, restarting

But Ogle is still capable of playing the movie (with sound). Since
Ogle uses the same liba52 for sound decoding, I guess the problem is
mplayer specific. Is there something I can do to make it work?

I can't use Ogle because I want to make an AVI of the movie using
mencoder.

Asbjørn