[MPlayer-users] Bugreport: MPlayer 0.90-rc2/3 compile failure

Jiri Mencak j.mencak at hud.ac.uk
Sat Jan 25 15:15:19 CET 2003

Hi,
starting with MPlayer 0.90-rc2 (and continuing with the rc3 release)
mencoder compilation fails if one tries to compile libmp3lame and older
(in my case lame-3.92.tar.gz) version is installed on the system.  Even
though I had 3.92 version of lame, somehow the lines

#if HAVE_MP3LAME >= 393
    if (strcmp(preset_name, "medium") == 0) {

        if (fast > 0)
           lame_set_preset(gfp, MEDIUM_FAST);
        else
           lame_set_preset(gfp, MEDIUM);

        return 0;
    }
#endif

were included, and the compiler (gcc 2.95.3) didn't know
what `MEDIUM_FAST' was.  Upgrading to lame-3.93.1 helped.

System: Originally Slack 7.0, now Slack current ;)
Plenty of packages compiled from sources....

Sorry, I didn't have much time to investigate what was wrong, I just
updated to newer libmp3lame.

Thanks,

--
Jiri