[MPlayer-users] mplayer configure

Piergiorgio Sartor piergiorgio.sartor at nexgo.de
Sat Jan 25 19:14:39 CET 2003

Hello,

time ago I send a note about a "bug" in the "configure"
script of mplayer, related to the AMD K6 model 13, to
the mplayer developers.
Since then several version of mplayer went out, but
none contained the fix.

Here is the story again.

There is a note, in the script:

# TODO: how to determine if model 13 is a k6-2 or a k6-3? Couldn't find
anything on amd.com

Model 13 is always a K6-3, the only difference between
the two versione, K6-3+ and K6-2+, is the amount of on
board L2 cache, 256KB the first, 128KB the second.

For the configuration point of view, and for the compiler
point of view, in the case a model 13 is detected, the
-march and -mcpu flags should be set to k6-3, i.e. "proc=k6-3".

In this scope the lines following the note are somehow not correct:

 if test "$pmodel" -eq 9; then
                proc=k6-3
 elif test "$pmodel" -ge 8; then
                proc=k6-2
 elif

In this case the model 13 sets the "proc" variable to k6-2,
instead of k6-3, as it should.

I think the fix is really simple and quick.

Thanks,

bye,

--

piergiorgio