[MPlayer-users] mencoder/mplayer kbit question

Mihai RUSU dizzy at roedu.net
Sun Jan 26 13:35:33 CET 2003

Hi Richard

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Yes. Are you encoding from NTSC movie DVDs? If so you NEED -ofps
> 23.976. Search the archives for full explanations. In any case, if you
> want help, you need to explain what you're doing. We can't read your
> mind and obviously the bitrates do right for us.
>
> Rich

After searching some more in the archives I could find pieces of
informations that put together would explain that (still I couldnt find
any detalied explanation). Anyway, sorry for not giving all the necesary
info from the beginning. I was encoding from .bin/.cue SVCD images which
probably come from NTSC DVDs and they use telecined mpeg. Now all bitrates
are very good, thanks again

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.