[MPlayer-users] audio and subtitle selection?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sun Jan 26 23:30:43 CET 2003

I have a bunch of vob files I've ripped from DVD. They contain all the
original audio tracks and subtitles (which work in Xine) but I can't
figure out how to select the desired audio and subtitles with mplayer
(which I want to use because it works better than Xine). Is there a
command-line option and/or a keystroke that will let me select these
options?

Also I've been using dvd::rip to rip these DVD's and it breaks the movies
down into ~1Gb vob files. Again playing these in Xine creates no problem
but in mplayer there is a noticable break between files. Is there a way to
smooth out that bump so that the files play as a single movie?

Thanks.