[MPlayer-users] audio and subtitle selection?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Jan 27 01:23:14 CET 2003

> RTFM -aid and -sid.

Thanks, I tried those but must have selected the wrong options. That was
hint enough to sit down and figure out the right options.

> How are you playing them? With -dvd-device /path/to/vobs there should
> be no intteruption, but perhaps dvd::rip didn't rip them in a nice
> format where you can do this. If you have to play them as separate
> files, put -fixed-vo on the beginning of the command line and it may
> help.

I was using -playlist playlist.txt, -dvd-device seems to fix the problem
of the break between files but the audio dies for me after a couple
minutes, fullscreen doesn't seem to work, and aid/sid alang/slang don't
seem to have any effect. I had to use --fixed-vo to keep the first file in
the list from being ignored also.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

> BTW some ways of ripping are better than others. I don't know what
> dvd::rip does but you might look into other options.

I may try some. dvd::rip was just looked like a good place to start. I'd
rather use the command line eventually if I can find a program I like.