[MPlayer-users]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jan 27 17:33:09 CET 2003

Hi,

> Michael Mauch nailed it to:
>
> > cvs update -dP -D "2003-01-18 17:30 GMT" => fine
> > cvs update -dP -D "2003-01-18 17:40 GMT" => broken

hmm. as i expected, it's the af_preinit (2-pass libaf initialization)
change.

> You recommended:
>
> > add this line:
> >   sh_audio->afilter=NULL;

yes it' was a hack to try if af_preinit is the cause.

> Which worked at least for Michael - I skipped this step, because I
> wanted to wait for the change to appear in CVS. But what appeared there,
> never fixed the problem for me, as I've stated a couple of times.

Ok i understand now.

> >> looks like the same old bug. Bartek Kulicki <bartek at interecho.com>
> >> pointed out to me that there's a simple workaround:
>
> >> -          free(sh_audio->afilter); sh_audio->afilter=NULL;
> >> +          // free(sh_audio->afilter);
>
> > eh. and does this solves your problem? ie it works after this patch?
>
> Yes. CVS-030127-12:37-2.95.4 works for me with that patch. It plays

hmm.
that free() shouldn't cause any problems. so it's quite strange then.
but i'll review the libaf code, maybe there is a bug triggered by this.

and thanks for the patience.

> stereo using -ao alsa9 and 5.1 using -ac hwac3. I can't change the
> volume using the '9' and '0' keys, but I have not tried whether that
> worked without the patch.

it's normal. no way to change volume if the data goes out compressed from
the soundcard.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino