[MPlayer-users] mplayer -xxx help

Mon Jan 27 19:37:51 CET 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:

VM>Is somebody planning to fix this? Or, maybe, I could do this myself, if
VM>there are no reasons against this.

Well, as no one is responding, I'll start this.
I checked places were help texts should reside. There are problems with
some of them, I hope one of developers will help with them.

I really want this to be done before 0.90 release...

mplayer:
-input help - input/input.c
-cdda help - libmpdemux/cdda.c
-mf help - cfg-common.h
-rawaudio help - libmpdemux/demux_rawaudio.c
-af-adv help - cfg-mplayer.h
-aop help - cfg-mplayer.h
-lavdopts help - libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.c
-ssf help - cfg-common.h
-tv help - cfg-commmon.h
-xvidopts help - libmpcodecs/vd_xvid.c, can't test
-dxr2 help - libvo/vo_dxr2.c, can't test

-af help - problem: no plugin list, data is scattered in libaf/af_*
-sws help - problem: accepts only integer values

mencoder:
-divx4opts help - libmpcodecs/ve_divx4.c
-lavcopts help - libmpcodecs/ve_lavc.c
-xvidencopts help - libmpcodecs/ve_xvid.c

-help - cfg-mencoder.h
A little problem here, because I think mencoder help should be defined
like mplayer help, in help/help_mp-*.h, defined as
static char mencoder_help_text[]="..."
But as help_diff.sh script does not track such definitions, it would
require major help files update (for every language).

other:
mplayer -longhelp? - list all mplayer options (I hate to look into manpage
each time I need remember options like -subfont-autoscale)
mplayer -otherhelp? - list all sub-help options, like -vop help, or -pphelp.
There will be at least 15 of them, so such option will be helpful.

--

Vladimir