[MPlayer-users] mplayer under windows

Mon Jan 27 21:39:18 CET 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Pawel J. Maczewski wrote:

PJM>  Is it possible to compile mplayer under windows? ;> I use linux
PJM>  myself,

Yes you can, but I don't recommend you to do this.

PJM>but my brother just asked me that question... or maybe there is
PJM>somewhere some exe-file to install for windows? If not, what
PJM>compiler can be used to

Some days ago a link to compiled mplayer was in this list, search for it.

PJM>do it?

gcc from cygwin (www.cygwin.com)
There is mailing list regading mplayer + cygwin.

Anyway, in my opinion you shouldn't use mplayer under win. There are a
lot of players, some of them has features that even mplayer lacks ;) -
for example, Crystal Player developed by my familiar
(http://rain.ifmo.ru/~bondkim).
And mplayer under windows is much worse then mplayer under *nix.

--

Vladimir