[MPlayer-users] silly question: where to get divx4?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 28 04:15:22 CET 2003

Sometime in January Varas Jim assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
| plf , I don't remember the address exactly, you have that juste to put
| plf in the google.

i'm sorry jim. i suppose i should have been more specific. my problem is
that i don't know which package i need to encode video with divx4.

i get the following:
Couldn't find video filter 'divx4'

i'll be happy to use google if you would kindly tell me which program i
require.

| John Harrold a écrit:
|
| >[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
| >

| >------------------------------------------------------------------------
| >
| >howdy.
| >
| >i'm looking to reencode some stuff into divx4. i'm running redhat 7.3 and
| >i believe i've installed the rpms located here:
| >http://mirrors.sctpc.com/dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
| >
| >i've installed
| > o mplayer-common
| > o mplayer
| > o all of the linux and win32 codecs
| > o mencoder
| >
| >anyway. if someone could point me to a place where i could download a
| >package or tarball i would be most appreciative.

| --
| "Je ne voulais qu'essayer de vivre ce qui voulait spontanément surgir
| de moi. Pourquoi était-ce si difficile ?(...)"
|

|                                                           Hesse.

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh17+maps at pitt.edu   |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E
--Henry David Thoreau

wickets of mass distruction (wmd)
http://www.cricketworldcup.com/