[MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive

Ketil Z. Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Tue Jan 28 14:42:40 CET 2003

Sébastien Person <sebastien.person at insa-rouen.fr> writes:

> Here 's what I get when trying to read an ac3 divx :

        [...]

> I use the hwac3 switch with alsa9.
> Any idea of what happen ?

It (hwac3) works with DVDs?  If not, do you load the required firmware
into the SBLive?  Somebody recently posted a recipe for loading it
using OSS, then playing with Alsa9.  Note that the current CVS (soon
to be 0.90) is supposedly fixed, so that AC3 passthrough should work
with OSS (IIUC).

-kzm