[MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive

Rene Bartsch mplayer-users at bartschnet.de
Tue Jan 28 15:24:48 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maximo Ramos" <maximo at violadores.org>
To: "MPlayer user's list." <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive

> Asunto: Re: [MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive
> Fecha: Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 02:42:40PM +0100
>
> Time to reply!
>
> Citando a  Ketil Z. Malde (ketil at ii.uib.no):
> > It (hwac3) works with DVDs?  If not, do you load the required firmware
> > into the SBLive?  Somebody recently posted a recipe for loading it
> > using OSS, then playing with Alsa9.  Note that the current CVS (soon
> > to be 0.90) is supposedly fixed, so that AC3 passthrough should work
> > with OSS (IIUC).
>
> hhmm, is there any howto-alike about getting the best of your SB Live!?
>
> The DOCS/tech/hwac3.txt is just too way technical ...

My SBLive! Player5.1 works fine with OSS (just installed
EMU10K1-SBLive!-drivers from Sourceforge and run emu-script from
modules.conf).

The AC3-handling of the SBLive! Player5.1 works flawless with OSS,  but
MPlayer insists on OSS being only two channels.

While rc2 started and broke by format-handling, rc3 claims "[format] Sample
format big endian AC3 not yet supported" (See my former post).

Rene