[MPlayer-users] -ss doesn't work with ogm files?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jan 28 15:45:58 CET 2003

Hi.

> I've found that I can't use -ss option with ogm movie files. Seeking while
> playing works well, but when I specify -ss 20:00 mplayer starts at 00:01:34.

I think that there's nothing I can do about it. OGMs do not have an
idex which tells the demuxer at which position in the file 20 minutes
is located, so it tries to guess the position from the amount of bytes
it has already read. This works reasonably well if you seek during
playback (as the demuxer has already processed some bytes at that
time), but of course it won't work right at the beginning.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)