[MPlayer-users] help w/ encoding an avi file from sequence of .png

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 28 22:45:22 CET 2003

Hi,

> I am running the current CVS of mplayer and have read (but not
> completely understood) the mencoder docs.  In fact I found, in the
> examples, a commandline to do what I want: convert a sequence of .png
> files to a single .avi file
>

> But it's not working.
>
> Here is the commandline that is in the docs (with dimensions changed
> to match my image files, fps changed from 25 to 15,  and '/*.png' changed
> to '*.png'):
>

>   mencoder *.png -mf on:w=325:h=407:fps=15:type=png -ovc raw -o output.avi

try:
    mencoder -mf on:type=png \*.png -ovc rawrgb
it works fine here.

and RTFM...

> This gave an error because "raw" is not one of the choices given by
> `mencoder -ovc help'.  (The docs need to be corrected!)

ehh
i wanna kill Gabu

>   => mencoder *.png -mf on:w=325:h=407:fps=15:type=png -ovc rawrgb -o
> output.avi

\*.png

you want mencoder to extract wildcards not the shell

anyway it's buggy, without type=png it assumes jpeg format and then crash in
ffmjpeg decoder :(  i'll try to fix it (-mf type= autodetection).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino