[MPlayer-users] mplayer -xxx help

Tue Jan 28 22:34:36 CET 2003

Hi Ketil Z. Malde!

 On 2003.01.28 at 08:42:53 +0100, Ketil Z. Malde wrote next:

> I'm not sure how to go about this, but I've just hand edited your
> patch, fixing up a couple of small typos.

Thanks. I'll finish it soon.

> Also, for HelpOption_mf -- shouldn't it be "encoding options"?  (I

No, they are decoding options... To decode still images as if they were
movie. You can encode them to movie or another set of pictures after,
but that has nothing to do with -mf.

> Raw audio - what is "fourcc"?

Well, I never used it, maybe mplayer can play encoded audio without
headers, in this case you are to specify fourcc (why not codec directly
using -vc, I wonder?). It may be useful to someone...

> For jpeg - I'd suggest quality : JPEG quality setting, that the trade
> off is file size, is IMHO implicit.

I left "JPEG quality setting (default:75)" - this help isn't options
description, just reminder if someone forgot syntax for some options he
knows about. Everything else is in manpage/html docs...

> lavdopts, er: is lower more resilient to errors?

Yes.

--

Vladimir