[MPlayer-users] mplayer -xxx help

Tue Jan 28 22:44:18 CET 2003

Hi Jonas Jermann!

 On 2003.01.27 at 21:43:08 +0100, Jonas Jermann wrote next:

> > I can't write descriptions to
> > -af help
> > There is no subcommands array for "af", or I can't find it. Plugin names
> > are scattered through libaf/af_*
> > -sws help
> > -sws accepts only interger values
>
> Why not change the option help to accept options as parameters
> (e.g. -help autosync/whatever)?

Hm... That isn't too good - now "help" is just suboption for -cdda, for
example, and it's defined in cdda module. Help for cdda and some other
can be defined as suboption to -help option, but I really don't know
what to do with -vop help, for example. It will be really bad if half
options will go as "-xxx help", and half as "-help yyy". And I don't
want to break current -vop help, for example.
The only compromise I see is to make -xxx help style where possible, and
to make -yyyhelp options for other cases. That will be -pphelp,
-swshelp and -afhelp for now. Any better ideas?

--

Vladimir