[MPlayer-users] gui / msg too slow

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 29 13:18:16 CET 2003

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 04:18:26AM +0100, phil wrote:
> > I have a smp XP 1800 mod @ MP 1800
> >  I often play via  NFS . Can stand the msg" system too slow
> > Here s there a way to  avoid this with " gui = yes "
> > Of course I can play without.
> > But boring.
>
> Can we PLEASE add an option before 0.90 release which advanced users
> can put in their config files to permenantly disable the "too slow"

feel free to make & commit/send a patch.

> message? It's very annoying and you can already tell if it's too slow
> from A-V: anyway!

not true. A-V: is printed on stdout, gui users won't see it.
(unless they type 'gmplaier' in xterm, which is rare, they usually start it
from clicking icon or nautilus or sth)

> Also, most of the old need for the message has been made obsolete by
> improvements in mplayer (for example, automatic switch to -ni), so

auto-ni has nothing with this error, it's for Too many a/v buffers...

> there's much less of a reason to force users to see it!

but still a lot remained:
- cache vs (now automatic) -ni
- bad soundcard (-autosync is not default)
- slow cpu
- slow vga
etc

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino