[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer under windows

Wed Jan 29 17:40:11 CET 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Diego Biurrun wrote:

DB>Have you tried it recently?  It's improved a lot.

The first and last time was about two weeks ago.
And I don't care much about it.

DB>What does it do that MPlayer does not?

It uses buffer for decoded frames - it's useful, for example, when
motion in the movie is slow, a lot of frames is decoded ahead (using all
available memory, for example), then fast motion starts, and you don't
start to see slideshow on slow (or fast, but overbloated with
postprocessing) system.
It has cool ability to turn on/off video and audio filters on the fly
using hotkeys or menu.
Some of its filters is unavailable in mplayer.

However, it's slower and has really overbloated gui & osd. One of the
best things in mplayer its interface design - you don't see controls,
but you can do much.

DB>> And mplayer under windows is much worse then mplayer under *nix.
DB>
DB>Yes, but it's getting there.

I don't think it will get soon, however...

--

Vladimir