[MPlayer-users] The future of mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 30 04:21:27 CET 2003

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 06:34:07PM -0700, emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net
> wrote:
> > P.S. MPlayer MUST quit wasting all that time on silly GUI's and work on
> > implementing support for the Theora codec!  :-)
>
> Does Theora even exist? I thought it was still vaporware... *ducks*

since Theora == VP31 in OGG container, it's already supported (in theory,
i've never seen any theora files, but both the planned codec & container of
it is supported so it should work)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino