[MPlayer-users] config file format

Ez-Aton ezaton at tournament.org.il
Thu Jan 30 08:31:10 CET 2003

Hi all.
This is my first mail, and probably the only real reason I subscribed to this
mailing list. It's not a bug I've experianced, and it's not any of the likes,
but after "wasting" few hours looking into documentation in mplayer's site,
and only finaly d/l the sources, and found what I was looking in inside.
config file settings and parameters.
It's only matter of suggesting the issue (and since it's not a bug, I did not
try to report it as a bug, although I've read the whole section as well,
looking for a direct e-mail address), but I think it would be a good thing to
add at least the example.conf file to the site main documentation. Even if it
were only a matter of a text file, it would have supplied my need, and saved
lots of time on my behalf (and probably on others who deleted the sources
after compiling/installing them).
It's only a suggestion, and should be considered as nothing but a suggestion,
but it was a real pain searching for it.
Besides? I /love/ mplayer. A friend of mine installed Linux only because he
could view movies using mplayer where MSMP failed (and he looked hard for the
codecses, but had no clue as to what was required). I viewed the same movie
in front of him using the mplayer, and also told him what codec to download.
Man, you should have seen his face then, hehehe :-)
Anyways, whoever develops this thing - keep doing it! It's a magic, and it
should keep being one :-) (pitty I failed my first University C course...
hehehe. Do it again).
Keep doing magic!

Ez.