[MPlayer-users] The future of mplayer

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Thu Jan 30 10:10:44 CET 2003

Hi!

I agree with your mail. Let me add that imho there is a mutual agreement wrt
mplayer being more modular is better - there is stuff for that already in
mplayer (experimental). The advantages are obvious imho (smaller mplayer,
easy for third parties to add new filters/demuxers/etc), free time is the
main limiting factor probably.

On 2003. január 30. 02:34, emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net wrote:
> See what I mean?  "Clean your code!  Make it more modular!  You must cater
> to what 'people' _really_ need!"
>
> "Easy to use" isn't MPlayer's focus.  That's Xine you want (also an
> excellent project...but with a different focus.)  Why do people insist on
> trying to turn MPlayer into "Xine 2.0", when Xine is quite capable of
> getting around to that themselves?...

Denes