[MPlayer-users] bmovl (error reading commands) ?

Mike Gibson gibson at genetics.utah.edu
Thu Jan 30 17:05:54 CET 2003

I have no clue about the bmovl filter, but if you're using a fifo, then
whatever you're using is trying to seek in the fifo, which isn't allowed.

Another name for a fifo is a "named pipe".  So just like the pipes "|" that
you use on the command line, it takes in data and outputs data, hence the
name File In File Out (FIFO).  It doesn't store any data itself (except for
maybe a small buffer (I dunno).  This is why you can't seek in a FIFO.  The
data is gone.  You might want to try creating a real file, instead of using a
FIFO.