[MPlayer-users] Xvid new features

Mihai RUSU dizzy at roedu.net
Fri Jan 31 10:09:43 CET 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Sergio del Rio wrote:

> Will mencoder support the new Xvid features from the development version?
>
> B-Frames, Chroma Motion, Quarterpel, Global Motion Compensation

Hmmm, reading from rc3 source release in libmpcodecs/ve_xvid.c:

#ifdef XVID_API_UNSTABLE
static int xvidenc_qpel = 0;
static int xvidenc_max_bframes = 0;
static int xvidenc_bquant_ratio = 125;
static int xvidenc_bquant_offset = 60;
static int xvidenc_gmc = 0;
static int xvidenc_me_colour = 0;
static int xvidenc_reduced = 0;
#endif

Then from the -xvidencopts options list:

#ifdef XVID_API_UNSTABLE
    { "qpel", &xvidenc_qpel, CONF_TYPE_FLAG, 0, 0, 1, NULL},
    { "max_bframes", &xvidenc_max_bframes, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 0, 4, NULL},
    { "bquant_ratio", &xvidenc_bquant_ratio, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, 0, 1000, NULL},
    { "bquant_offset", &xvidenc_bquant_offset, CONF_TYPE_INT, CONF_RANGE, -1000, 1000, NULL},
    { "reduced", &xvidenc_reduced, CONF_TYPE_FLAG, 0, 0, 1, NULL},
    { "gmc", &xvidenc_gmc, CONF_TYPE_FLAG, 0, 0, 1, NULL},
    { "me_colour", &xvidenc_me_colour, CONF_TYPE_FLAG, 0, 0, 1, NULL},
#endif

So it seems to me they are somewhat already there (or at least their
options :) ). Try to compile mplayer against an unstable xvid (to have
XVID_API_UNSTABLE defined somewhere) and try those options out :)

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.