[MPlayer-users] Re: VIDIX Mach64 xres>1024 Bug?

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Tue Jul 1 09:19:52 CEST 2003

Christian Berger <einStein at donau.de> writes:

> And I've tried to scale the video. The result was that it acted strange when
> the width was greater than about 720 pixels.

probably some hardware limitation. I dont know about the ati, but
my neomagic (i know, i know, but it worksforme) can not display sources
with greater width than 720 with xv, regardless of how much memory i reserve.
As these chips were designed for accelerated dvd playback, this actually
makes sense, DVDs are 640 or 720 pixels wide.

I believe i met something similar (but at 1024x1024?) with a Matrox
G400, but i dont remember the exact circumstances.

regards,

   Stefan
 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmx.li