[MPlayer-users] Re: VIDIX Mach64 xres>1024 Bug?

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Tue Jul 1 19:04:29 CEST 2003

> Well I already tried the gatos drivers with no noticable change. Actually I
> first installed the gatos driver then tried Vidix, saw the problem, then I
> deinstalled gatos.
>
> How does gatos work anyhow. Does it just do normal X11 or also XV?

I think it depends on the chip you have. The rage128 xv support
is broken in Xfree-4.3.0 and before (the divider problem), but the code
in gatos looked right. So it should support both x11 and xv - if you
manage to build it, that is - there were no useful tags in CVS last time
I checked so I was not able to build the code all. Sigh.
So I stick with vidix.

/ magnus