[MPlayer-users] Re: SuSE 8.2

Wieslaw Kierbedz sprawki at wp.pl
Tue Jul 1 23:52:49 CEST 2003

Użytkownik Asad Quraishi napisał:

>> I dont think how I can have two gtk, I mean gtk-devel-1.2 and
>> gtk2-devel2.2.1-29.
>> SuSe come with second gtk, and Im afraid for problem with other app. and
>> all system if I replace it with 1.2.

If you have got in yours linux cds gtk-1.2.10 package it means, that you
can use apps what need gtk-1.2, then you also can build such apps -
mplayer is one of theese.
For building you need devel package (header files) - some descriptions
about working libraries for accurate building apps.
Each (or almost) source package has tool to identify and verify, are
there needed files.
When MPlayer configure (that's it) checks your system it looks for
gtk-1.2 headers and ignore other versions.
Sophisticated?
But it works.
I had (some time) gnome-1.4 and gnome-2.2 libraries and it worked too ;).

You can use both gtk like many others and there are both in SuSE distro :).