[MPlayer-users] GUI causes 100% CPU usage...

DRAKe mandrake_penguin at interia.pl
Wed Jul 2 08:03:07 CEST 2003

Hello!

Friend of mine has got an Intel Celeron 433MHz processor based box, with
384MB
RAM and GeForce 2MX 400 64MB graphic card with nVIDIA binary drivers
installed.

He runs Mandrake Linux 9.1 with kernel 2.4.21-0.13mdk and the latest
version of
MPlayer compiled using standard Mandrake 9.1's gcc 3.2.2 with options
"--enable-gui --language=pl --disable-sortsub --enable-menu
--with-xvidcore=/usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.a", optimized for mmx, mtrr,
-march=pentium2, -mcpu=pentium2.

When he uses mplayer without GUI everything
works just fine, plays movies fast and smooth, but when he launches
"gmplayer"
and opens a movie CPU usage jumps to 100%, playback get lags and MPlayer
returns, "Your machine is too slow...". We tried previous version of
MPlayer.
but it didn't help. We run MPlayer without changing anyoptions, using
default
gui.conf file and default skin, It doesn't matter if it's being launched
by an
ordinary user, or by root, changing vo driver to for example sdl, or
x11,
doesn't help too.

Any solutions guys? Thanks in advance, greets, Peter.