[MPlayer-users] Re: annoying error-message

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Jul 2 14:02:03 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> It doesn't drop frames (unless you use -framedrop, in which case you
> shouldn't see the message unless your system is super-slow/broken).
> The message appears when A-V desync remains above a certain threshold
> for a certain amount of time. RTFS for the numbers; I forget what they
> are. Prolly something like 0.5 sec.

OK, so the message shouldn't be about dropping frames. Perhaps it should
say something like what you've just said. What about, "Video and Audio
have been out of sync by at least 0.5 seconds for the last 1.5 seconds"?
None of this is terribly important, but I do prefer precise error
messages which report symptoms, rather than attempting diagnosis.

Jonathan Rogers