[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG: crash with -vo sdl and xscreensaver stopper

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Jul 2 23:31:54 CEST 2003

Götz Waschk wrote:
> There are two advantages:
> 1. the sdl output window always has a window border. If I use the -vo
> xv, sometimes I get a borderless window. This could be related to my
> window manager, which is sawfish.
> 2. With -vo sdl, subtitles display on the bottom black bar by default,
> no need to use -vf expand as with -vo xv.

That's very interesting. I also have been using sawfish for a long time.
I remember having the borderless windows before, but that was a while
ago and I can't remember which WM that was. Currently, I'm using sawfish
1.3 with Gnome 2.

That does sound nice that the SDL module automatically uses space above
and below the movie. So far, I hadn't had a reason to try something
other than -vo xv, but now I might, since SDL uses Xvideo anyway.

Are you using the GUI normally? I haven't used it for quite a while, but
now I just tried it again; sure enough, there was no window border. It's
probably more a GUI than a vo issue.

Jonathan Rogers