[MPlayer-users] Re: Is my question too hard?

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Jul 3 17:45:28 CEST 2003

lzha022 at ec.auckland.ac.nz wrote:
> Why do you think i am threatening by writing "Do not leave it unanswered"?
> What i mean is i want someone to answer it even if this no answer for that. May
> be i should have put 'please' after that sentence.

It would have been more polite to use "please," but I guess I wasn't
terribly polite either. I was being a little fecetious when I said
"threaten"; I shouldn't have jumped on you like that. Many people on
this list, including me, are happy to help, but it seems that many
people ask questions without reading the docs first and without
realizing that any help here is volunteered.

Did you take a look at "-vop bmovl" in the manpage? I haven't needed it
myself, but I'm sure it can do what you want. If you just need text,
using subtitles, as Martin suggested, might be easier. The DOCS
directory is in the source distribution, though some binary packages
might not include it. It might have been installed under
/usr/share/doc/mplayer-0.90/ or something like that. If you don't have
it, you can just download the source distribution or use CVS.

Jonathan Rogers