[MPlayer-users] Encoding *.wmv files

smuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Thu Jul 3 19:56:56 CEST 2003

Thanks a lot Martin for your answer  :-)

My usual line for encoding could be:
"mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq -oac mp3lame *.wmv"

but I get:
Pos:   8.5s    264f (21%)  33fps Trem:   0min   1mb  A-V:0.615 [193:136]
Too many video packets in the buffer: (2087 in 8395935 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option."

Regards

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:03:12 +0100
Martin Collins <martin at mkcollins.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:24:03 +0200
> smuelas <smuelas at mecanica.upm.es> wrote:
>
> > Could someone tell me how to transform a file encoded as a
> > *.wmv file to an *.avi one, without loosing the sound synchro ? I
> > would be really grateful if you send me, at least a hint.--
>
> Does your wmv have constant bitrate sound? If not that may be your
> problem as avi doesn't like variable rate sound.
> If you post your command line and the terminal output of mencoder
> someone might spot where you are going wrong.
>
> Martin

Santiago Muelas
E.T.S. Ingenieros de Caminos, (U.P.M)    Tf.: (34) 91 336 66 59
e-mail: smuelas at mecanica.upm.es          Fax: (34) 91 336 67 61
www: http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas