[MPlayer-users] Re: is desynced or is not..

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Jul 3 20:06:06 CEST 2003

gabor wrote:
> http://versaphile.com/download/firefly.html
>
> (usually i don't post links like this, but damn, i HATE FOX for
> cancelling this great show :-)

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I have a "love/eight" attitude towared FOX. Most of
my favorite shows (Simpsons, Futurama and X-Files, to name three) are
from FOX, but most of their other stuff is complete crap. Of course, I
might feel the same way about other networks if I could receive more
than one station.

> the files are rm, i got some mpg versions from edonkey, but those rms
> are high enough quality.
>
> now to put this discussion back form offtopic:
>
> if you succeed to reencode the rm files with mencoder into avi
> (lavc,mp3lame), then tell me how you did it.
>
> if i do the reencoding, the audio is always off by 0.5 seconds or so.

Do you mean there's just an offset, or does the sync drift farther out
with time?

Jonathan Rogers