[MPlayer-users] Re: Bluetooth controller for MPlayer

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Thu Jul 3 22:07:52 CEST 2003

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 03:02:34PM -0500, Emmanuel Crouvisier wrote:
> I have recently happend upon the patch to enable BTE (Bluetooth controller
> for MPlayer, via the SonyEricsson T68 phone) at:
>
> http://www.lyola.com/bte/
>

> After updating the patch a bit in order to get everything to modify the
> existing MPlayer code correctly, I am now able to get the menu to appear
> on my T68 (through the BlueZ stack, via /dev/rfcomm0), however, I am
> unable to select the menu, and able to control MPlayer remotely.
>
> Has anyone gotten this patch to work with any recent version of MPlayer ?

It's a late reply, but I finally got around to trying the patch. Doesn't
really patch very well into current MPlayer, in fact patch patches
input/input.c totally wrong... But a little guessing got it working with
my T68. I tried with a Nokia 6310i too, but I couldn't figure out where
the menu entry is created, if it actually is created anywhere.

Is anyone interested in this? It needs to handle more keys and the mapping
from phone keys to mplayer keys should be configurable without recompilation,
but otherwise it's great.

Regards,

Anssi