[MPlayer-users] Re: annoying error-message

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jul 4 12:32:23 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:51:30AM -0500, Jonathan Rogers wrote:
>D Richard Felker III wrote:
>>There's already a nice message...the "A-V:" number in the statusline.
>>So I see no use for this big "computer too slow" spam except to
>>attempt diagnosis for newbies....
>Agreed.

I don't mind the message's existence, although a one liner to the effect
of

A-V SYNC OFF, see DOCS/en/sound.html and video.html for possible speedups

would be more succinct and would subtly hint to said newbies that they
should read the furnished manual, since hinting at that is generally a
Good Thing, right?
	Yes, I know many people are completely blind to documentation
pointers anyway (look at how many are auto-inserted into this message
that people auto-ignore), but you might as well be optimistic eh?
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>
A: No.  Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?