[MPlayer-users] CVS mplayer crashes with one particular file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 19:54:33 CEST 2003

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:21:42 -0400
> The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I've recompiled mplayer with debugging support and run it through gdb,
>>as requested in the documentation, but am uncertain a) how much of the
>>output to include in a bug report (all of it? just what's returned from
>>the three gdb commands specified? what?),
>
> All of it, including the mplayer -v log. Too much information isnt
> a problem as it can be skipped, but not enough is as we cant read
> minds and not guess what's going on. You might want to check
> my bugreports on -advusers (though there are mostly minimal,
> as i mostly know what information is needed by the developers)

A state I aspire to but have yet to achieve. ^_^

>>b) in what form to send it
>>(given that the "crashes" section of bugreports.html seems separate from
>>  other parts... certainly it seems to supersede parts of the rest), and
>>even
>
> You have to send B4.1, B4.2 and B4.6 in case of a crash

Thank you.

>>c) where to send it to, not to mention
>
> This list is just fine.
>
>>d) what other information
>>(if any) to provide.
>
> That depends on your problem, tough most things
> are covered by bugreports.html. In case we really need
> more information we will ask for it.

As long as I'm not going to end up feeling stupid for not providing more
information in the first place... ^_^

> HTH

Much.

I'm presently recompiling on the offchance that this has accidentally
gotten fixed since I discovered it; if the new mplayer still crashes, a
mail with all information I know to be relevant will follow shortly.

--
       The Wanderer