[MPlayer-users] gmplayer audio don't work for controls redhat 8 and 9

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 20:56:14 CEST 2003

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:47:18 -0400
> Michael von Lehe <mwvonlehe at netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I am using both redhat 8 and 9 and the driver that appears to give me
>>the best audio is OSS. However the volume and balance controls don't
>>work with gmplayer. I have to use to kmix to control the volume.
>>
>>Is there any way to get the audio controls to work with gmplayer and
>>redhat 8 and 9?
>
> Please read bugreports.html

On a similar note, I've noticed that when using OSS audio output
mplayer's internal volume control appears to have absolutely no effect.
It works fine with ao=esd, but ESD has had problems for me in areas not
related to mplayer - and in a particular series of AVI files the maximum
volume I can achieve with ESD running is too quiet to hear clearly,
whereas with OSS output the available volume ranges are closer to what
I'd expect.

I didn't think of this as a bug, just as a limitation of the output
method, but I may have been wrong.

--
       The Wanderer