[MPlayer-users] Re: shuffle for playlists

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Jul 7 16:13:00 CEST 2003

Hi Frederik Ziebell,

on Mon, 7 Jul 2003 07:00:19 +0200 you wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > I tried mplayer -shuffle http://xx.xx.xx/playlist.m3u
> Set -shuffle behind the playlist, like: mplayer
> http://xx.xx.xx/playlist.m3u -shuffle MPlayer firstly has to read the
> playlist and then to shuffle
> it.____________________________________________________________________

That's not the exact resaon be you are close :)
In fact mplayer have a so called playtree. So you can group stuff
together and so on. The shuffle option is a bit special as it only
apply to the tree level where it is found. So if you write
mplayer -shuffle http://xx.xx.xx/playlist.m3u
it will shuffle tho root level wich here only contain a sublist.
But if you put it after the playlist then it apply to the playlist.
This is to allow for example to play some albums in random order but
keep tho songs inside the albums in order.
	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.