[MPlayer-users] shuffle for playlists

Jim Clark jj.clark at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 7 17:20:15 CEST 2003

>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
>> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> > I tried mplayer -shuffle http://xx.xx.xx/playlist.m3u
>> Set -shuffle behind the playlist, like: mplayer
>> http://xx.xx.xx/playlist.m3u -shuffle MPlayer firstly has to read the
>> playlist and then to shuffle
>> it.____________________________________________________________________
>
>That's not the exact resaon be you are close :)
>In fact mplayer have a so called playtree. So you can group stuff
>together and so on. The shuffle option is a bit special as it only
>apply to the tree level where it is found. So if you write
>mplayer -shuffle http://xx.xx.xx/playlist.m3u
>it will shuffle tho root level wich here only contain a sublist.
>But if you put it after the playlist then it apply to the playlist.
>This is to allow for example to play some albums in random order but
>keep tho songs inside the albums in order.
	>Albeu

On my system this doesn't work. No matter where I put the -shuffle,
playlists
are not shuffled (whether it is a remote playlist or a local one).

If I use a list of filenames on the command line, these get shuffled, so I
know that shuffling is possible.
(although, the shuffling order is always the same - shouldn't the shuffling
be different everytime around??)/

Is there some sort of compilation config flag that needs to be set for
shuffling
to work on playlists?

Jim