[MPlayer-users] Bug: Manpage not visible with man2html

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Tue Jul 8 18:34:07 CEST 2003

Hi

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 05:23:47PM +0200, Hans Meine wrote:
> wondering why I could not read the manpage with "man:/mplayer" in KDE
> (suboptions are not visible correctly, but substituted with "s"), I found out
> that it's because man2html (originally written by Richard Verhoeven, modified
> by several people and used in KDE>=1 AFAIK, maybe Gnome2, too) can not handle
> commands longer than two chars. But mplayer.1 contains ".de IPs" for example,
> and "IPs" resp. "RSs", "RSss" and "REss" are longer and can not be handled.
>
> Although it would be nice if man2html was fixed (looking at its code, it might
> be easier to somehow use groff for KDE...), I would be happy if you could
> search&replace the commands in mplayer.1!? :-)

Hmm, if it really is about 2 char macros it should be fixed some
time as it brakes the output on Solaris too. I won't reverse the
macro definitions as they were made to simplify the man page.
Do you have a replacement idea for IPs, RSs, RSss, REss?
Additionaly I should mention that the man page was made for
groff conversion, so I will probably never look perfect for
man2html (no, it's almost impossible to satisfie all conversion
tools ;).

Best Regards
    Jonas