[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Wed Jul 9 11:49:06 CEST 2003

Ross Finlayson wrote:

>> The problem lies in the fact the the TS demuxer isn't called at all,
>> maybe
>> because demux_rtp.cpp forces the file format to
>>
>>   >*file_format = DEMUXER_TYPE_RTP;
>>

>> I guess that changing that line to
>>     *file_format =DEMUXER_TYPE_UNKNOWN
>

> No, that won't work, because then the RTP reception code won't get
> executed at all!  The format needs to remain as "DEMUXER_TYPE_RTP".
>
> MPlayer has no problem playing MPEG *Elementary Stream* RTP streams,
> so it should be able to play MPEG Transport Stream RTP streams also.
>
> Note the code in "libmpdemux/video.c" (line 173 in the latest CVS)
> where the MPEG parsing code gets called if
> "demux_is_mpeg_rtp_stream()" returns true (which should be the case
> here).  This *should* be where the data gets recognized as a MPEG
> Transport Stream.
>
>         Ross.

Hi,
I don't know that code and RTP in general, but reading the sources it
seems that in this case the presence of MP2T in the sdp file should make
demux_is_mpeg_rtp_stream() return TRUE, right?

In the logs it's evident that ts_check_file isn't called, so I wonder
what is stopping the probing of the file format.

Does demux_rtp  build a new_demuxers_demuxer on the content of the rtp
stream or does it  do its own demuxing?

Thanks,
                Nico