[MPlayer-users] fbdev: screensize is smaller than video size

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jul 11 04:55:29 CEST 2003

> Carl Karsten wrote:
> > Now how do I get mplayer to do FullScreen/Zoom regardless of input size.  when I play a perticulare avi, it looks good, but when
> > play The Matrix DVD i get the output below.
> >
> > Carl K
>
> You didn't include the command-line that you use, so I'm not exactly
> sure what you are doing in the first place...

Command line is easy: mplayer dvd://1

~/.mplayer/config
zoom=yes
fs=yes
lirc=no
joystick=no
framedrop=yes
font=/usr/share/mplayer/iso-8859-1/arial-14/font.desc
vo=fbdev

Given all the output, I'm surprised that it doesn't show what parameters it is using from the various config files, command line
options and defaults.

> What I suggest is that you look at the "-x" "-y" and "-xy" options...  I
> used them without any problem when I was using fbdev output with MPlayer.

-xy600 -nofs -nozoom
Looking good - thanks.

Carl K