[MPlayer-users] Re: New Mplayer Release???

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Jul 11 09:13:59 CEST 2003

Hi Jan Knutar,

on Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:34:57 +0300 you wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html]

> > > Such progam just need to print command on it's stdout.
> >
> > I've tried this. My test_program wrote "pause" to stdout every 5
> > seconds. Thus, I expected mplayer to play first 5 seconds of
> > "somefile.mpg", then to halt for 5 seconds, then to play 5 seconds of
> > "somefile.mpg" again.
>
> I tried a different approach, placed this in ~/.mplayer/config:
> slave=yes
> input=file=/home/me/mplayerctrl
Note that if you only use the pipe -slave is not needed. -slave just
change the type of input read from stdin. -input file=.. just add
another command input. So if you ommit -slave you can still control
mplayer from the terminal.
	Albeu

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.