[MPlayer-users] How to encode DVD to VCD or SVCD

Roberto Llovera RobertoLlovera at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jul 14 13:58:31 CEST 2003

Hi, everyone. This is my first mail. I've recently installed MPlayer and
am interested in encoding a DVD to VCD or SVCD. I've read the MPlayer
documentation and FAQ but what I found has not been of much use for me.
So my first question is: can MPlayer do this? If it can't, what should I
do to make MPlayer capable of fulfilling this task?
By the way, if any of you know some web page with a more detailed
documentation about video file formats and codecs (something like the
second chapter of the documentation), I'd appreciate that this
information was shared with me.
Thanks a lot,

Roberto.