[MPlayer-users] detc filter and DVDs that switch from telecine to progressive

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Jul 17 01:37:34 CEST 2003

Hello,

The detc filter works wonders for me when I feed it a video that is
"hard-telecined" for the entire length. I've never quite understood,
however, what I should do when I have a video that, for instance, starts
out hard-telecined, then half an hour later switches to soft-telecine,
then back to hard, etc.

Is there a way to recover nice, clean, 23.976 progressive video from
such a source? Whenever I specify -vf detc=dr=1 -ofps 23.976 , mencoder
reports lots of "1 duplicate frame(s)!" as soon as it hits the
soft-telecined material.

Thanks,
Corey