[MPlayer-users] mga_vid.o + kernel 2.5.72

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 17:51:50 CEST 2003

Ben Buxton wrote:
 > Hi
>
> Seems that I'm doing something wrong or mplayer is. I have just
> compiled the latest CVS of mplayer, however when I try to insmod the
> mga_vid.o module, I get an 'invalid module format' error.
>
> Did I miss out on something or is there something broken?

I'm not exactly One Who Would Know, but I wonder why you're trying to
insert that as a module? I've compiled mplayer dozens of times, both
from official release tarballs and from CVS, and have never tried or
needed to insert as modules any of the files generated. (I also don't
recall any of the make procedures doing it automatically.)

In other words: I could be wrong, but I don't think that's supposed to
be a module. ^_^

--
       The Wanderer