[MPlayer-users] Fast recompress

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jul 20 14:46:11 CEST 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:42:05 +0200
Gianci <gianci at despammed.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible for mencoder to encode a movie skipping some of the
> decompress/re-compress pipeline stages like the VirtualDub Fast
> Recompress mode does?

No

Unless you want something like -ovc copy

> If not, it would be a very nice feature for future releases.

Why ? mencoder is thought for maximum quality encoding.
If you want to have a faster encode with less quality, you
can play with the avcodec settings

			Attila Kinali

--
Chu beyond the blackest chu, Deeper then the deepest pika, King of pikachu who
shines like gold on the sea of electric. I call upon thee, swear myself to thee,